So, you jumped on to Google+ to create a brand page and now find out that Google already has a page for your local business!
Or you have just added your local business on Google, and now you find that there are two different pages representing your brand.
If you have local presence for your business, you might easily come across this situation on Google+.
It might not be a problem when both the pages are brand new as you can easily delete the brand page and just keep the local one.
The problem is when you have accumulated some followers already on Google+ brand page and now have to start a brand new local business page.
Luckily there’s a walk around this problem.
In this detailed step-by-step guide, I will show you how you can merge your Google+ brand page with your local business page.
I will show you the steps by merging our Sociler’s Google+ brand page with a local business page of Sociler.
1. First, locate both your pages. Navigate to Business.google.com and you will see two tabs (Locations and Brand Pages).
This is assuming that you have both Google+ pages and Local business page. You should have added and verified a local business for your page to appear here.
Here’s the Local Business page of sociler under Locations.
Here’s the Google+ brand page of Sociler under Brand Pages.
2. Now, Click on the “Manage Location” under Local Business page.
3. Once you are on the local page, click on the Menu icon on top of the page.
4. Now, click on Settings towards the end of the sidebar Menu.
5. Under Settings, scroll to the Profile section towards the end of the page.
6. You will now come up with “Link a different page to this location” dialogue box.
Choose the page you want to merge with from the drop-down menu with the list of your Google+ pages.
7. Click Next and you will see a list of changes that you will need to confirm for.
The changes should be self-explanatory but here’re the major changes you should expect in your new page.
You page will be renamed to Local Business page name (You can always edit your name later).
- The verification badge of a local business page will be retained.
- All details from the local business page including telephone number and details will be on the new page.
- Will retain all of your Google+ brand page followers.
- Will have the URL of the Google+ brand page.
- Will retain photos from the Google+ brand page and the existing local page photos will be archived.
- Go ahead and confirm the changes.
You should now have a new page with all details from your existing Google+ brand page merged to verified and location of the local page.
Here’s the new merged page for Sociler.
You can find you local page as “Backup of …” in your list of pages. Although the page is still visible on Google+, it won’t be visible on search results and Maps.
You can now safely delete the previous page.
I hope this tutorial helps you to merge your Google+ brand page with your local business page. Let me know if you have come across this in comments below.